Frequent asked questions
Frequent asked questions: Privacy statement
Privacy statement MijnCarrousel.nl
You share some of your personal data with us. Your address, for example, so we can send you your gift. We think it is important to handle this data with care. We comply with the laws and regulations regarding the use and storage of personal data. In this privacy statement, we explain how we handle your personal data. We explain which ones we collect and what we use them for. We also tell you how we protect your privacy and what rights you have.
This is the privacy statement of Inpakcentrale ICN B.V. (hereinafter “Makro Kerstpakketten” or “we”). Makro Kerstpakketten is located in (6921 RL) Duiven at 21 Dijkgraaf. The company registration number of Makro Kerstpakketten is 09110454. Makro Kerstpakketten is responsible for the processing of personal data as mentioned in this privacy statement.
- Makro Kerstpakketten respects the privacy of all visitors and users of its website www.mijncarrousel.nl.
- Makro Kerstpakketten puts the security and confidentiality of your personal data first and therefore handles all data with care.
- We only share your data with parties involved in the delivery of gifts and with parties with whom we have to share data based on a legal obligation.
- Makro Kerstpakketten continuously searches for manners to improve its services and to tailor these as much as possible to your personal wishes and needs. In that regard, Makro Kerstpakketten abides by the applicable privacy laws and regulations.
When do we collect your personal data and how do we get it?
Makro Kerstpakketten collects your personal data if:
- We have received a request from your employer to offer you a gift voucher. In some cases, your employer sends us your name and (e-mail) address for that purpose;
- You fill in or leave your personal details via our website for the purpose of the selection of a gift;
- You pass on your data through other channels. For example, by e-mail or by telephone through our helpdesk;
- You visit the website ‘Mijn Carrousel’ or the main website of Makro Kerstpakketten. In that case, we collect your personal data through cookies that we or other parties place.
On which legal basis do you rely when processing my personal data?
Makro Kerstpakketten relies on the following legal bases when processing your personal data as mentioned in article 6, paragraph 1 of the General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’):
- The processing is necessary for the performance of a contract we conclude with you;
- We have a legal obligation to process your personal data
- You have given consent for us to process your personal data (for example, because you are interested in our newsletter, or you have consented to certain cookies)
- We, or your employer, have a legitimate interest for which the processing is necessary, for example because you have filed a complaint or a claim.
Which processes and which personal data are concerned?
Makro Kerstpakketten processes your personal data for the following processes:
It is useful for us to be able to contact you. To answer questions, to inform you about a recall or to handle a complaint or a (warranty) claim with regard to our services and products, and to inform you about the settlement of it.
Delivery of your gift
We process your data to be able to send you your gift.
Website user experience
Cookies allow us to improve and optimise the functionality of our website.
You can read more about these three processes below.
All communication with Makro Kerstpakketten goes through our helpdesk. You can contact the helpdesk with all your questions, comments and complaints about our services and about your gift.
You can contact the helpdesk on +31 (0)900 8 528 528 (standard rate - only accessible from the Netherlands). You can also ask your question by completing an online form
. Our employees often need data in order to help you. This includes your name, OrderID, employer, login name, or your chosen gift. They need this information to help you as best as possible with your question or complaint.
We take every question and complaint seriously and use this information to further improve our services.
2. Delivery of your gift
When your employer would like you to pick a gift via our online platform ‘Cadeau Carrousel’, your employer can choose for a personal voucher or an anonymous voucher. Personal vouchers are linked to your name, as indicated by your employer. When your employer has chosen a personal voucher, then we’ll deliver this voucher directly to you. This can be done electronically via the email address, or via mail to the (private or mail) address your employer provided us with for this purpose. Anonymous vouchers are not linked to a person. You’ll receive this voucher from your employer.
The voucher contains a unique code, with which you can log in to the website www.mijncarrousel.nl. Logged in to the website, you choose your gift yourself. In order to deliver the gift you have chosen and to keep you informed about it, we ask for several details:
- telephone number
- email address
We store the data you enter, together with the unique code, your OrderID (the number associated with your gift) and the details about the shipment of your gift.
For the purpose of the sending and the further processing of your order (both in case of personal as of anonymous vouchers) we use the data that you have filled in on our online platform. We use these details also to inform you about the delivery, to deliver you (other) aftercare/warranty and to settle possible complaints or claims from your side.
3. Website user experience
When you visit our website, we place cookies. Cookies are small text files that a website places on your computer, tablet, or mobile phone when you visit our website. These cookies store information about your website visit. This allows us to research and optimise the use of our website. By placing Cookies, we collect the following data:
- (part of your) IP address;
- technical characteristics such as the browser you use and the resolution of your computer screen;
- from which page you came to our website;
- when and for how long you use our website;
- whether you use the functionality of our website;
When you visit our website, you will receive a message asking whether we can place these cookies. You can accept or reject this.
If you want to know exactly which cookies we use and what we use them for, read the cookie statement of MijnCarrousel.nl
or the cookie statement of Makro Kerstpakketten
How long do we store your data?
If we have not made separate agreements with your employer, we will delete your data (and order history) 2 years after you have placed an order. We do this to be able to guarantee our warranty period of 2 years and to be able to handle possible complaints, claims, or (pending) service- or repairmentrequests.
Do we share your data?
Makro Kerstpakketten is part of the METRO group, that operates internationally. All data that we process are stored in the datacenters of METRO AG or our IT-service provider METRO Digital GmbH. In principle, we do not share your data with other persons or organisations outside Makro Kerstpakketten. We only share your data with other parties that are necessary to provide our services. This includes printers and postal and email processors.
Makro Kerstpakketten engages data processors to print personal vouchers, offer you an online platform (website), deliver Christmas gifts to the provided mail address and to offer aftercare/warranty of the Christmas gifts and packages.
If we share your data with other parties, we oblige them to properly protect your personal data.
Furthermore, we only share your data with parties other than those mentioned above if we are legally obliged to do so. Like the police or judicial authorities.
How do we secure your data?
We protect your data to prevent it from being lost or falling into the wrong hands. Below you will find some measures that we take:
- Our website is secured with a TLS certificate. This ensures that the information you enter on our website is secured;
- we use high-quality software and a firewall. This is a system that protects a network or computer against misuse from the outside;
- access to electronic systems is protected with a password and if external access is given, we use two-factor authentication;
- only employees who need your personal data can view these;
- if we share personal data with others, we do so through a secure connection;
- If other parties work with your data on our behalf, we conclude agreements with them that include a control mechanism, including the option to perform an audit to be carried out. This way your privacy is guaranteed.
Since 12 July 2021, Makro Kerstpakketten is certified in conformity with the ISO/IEC 27001:2013 standard for information security (certificate registration nr. 01 153 2018645).
What rights do you have with regard to your personal data?
You have the following rights with regard to your personal data:
- The right to access your personal data (for example by receiving a copy of the personal data that Makro Kerstpakketten processes)
- The right of erasure of your personal data. Under circumstances however, Makro Kerstpakketten is entitled to not (fully) answer to this request
- The right to demand rectification or completion (amendment) of your personal data
- The right to demand the restriction of the data processing. Under certain circumstances, you may ask Makro Kerstpakketten to process less personal data
- The right to withdraw your consent for the data processing or to object the data processing by Makro Kerstpakketten
- Lastly, in some cases you have the right to data portability. This means that you can request us to deliver your personal data in a machine readable format to you, or to another organization as indicated by you.
You can send one of the mentioned requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Alternatively, you can also send a letter to:
c/o the Data Protection Officer
1090 GE Amsterdam
Please attach a copy of your ID to any request for inspection so that we can be sure that the request has come from you. Upon receipt of your request, you will receive a link to a secured environment where you can share this copy with us. On this copy, black out your passport photo, the MRZ (that is the machine readable zone, or the strip with numbers in the ID), the ID number and your citizen service number (BSN). This is to protect your privacy. We will let you know as soon as possible if we can fulfil your request. We respond as quickly as possible We only use the copy to answer to your request. We remove the copy of your ID as soon as we have identified you.
We kindly request your understanding for this procedure. By following this procedure, we ensure that we process your request in conformity with the privacy laws and regulations and we ensure ourselves as much as possible that we do not give access to your personal data to unauthorized third parties.
In case you have a complaint about the processing of your personal data, we kindly ask you to report this as soon as possible at our Data Protection Officer. We always aim to find a resolution together. You can also submit a complaint to the Dutch Data Protection Authority, which is the independent supervisory authority in the Netherlands that monitors the protection of personal data. This can be done via the following link: https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/nl/contact-met-de-autoriteit-persoonsgegevens/tip-ons
The rules regarding the protection of personal data and our services may change. As a result, we have the right to make changes to our privacy statement. You can always find the most current privacy statement on our website.
This statement was last modified on 21 December 2021.
Supervision of use of personal data
An independent supervisor checks the correct use of personal data within our organisation. This is the Data Protection Officer ('DPO'). Do you have a complaint or question about this subject that cannot be answered by the helpdesk? Please contact the DPO. This can be done by email at email@example.com, or by post:
c/o the Data Protection Officer
PO Box 94202
1090 GE Amsterdam
Is your answer not here?
Ask your question to the helpdesk.